Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Week Three: Presbytarian!

So this week I am focusing on the Presbyterians. What do I know about Presbyterians? Well, not a whole lot. I think it might be something like the Episcopalians that I visited a few weeks back. Today I will call and make an appointment with the head of a beautiful Presbyterian church here. I have wanted to see the inside of this church for years, its in a wonderful Ft Worth neighborhood and happens to be huge! There must be plenty of Presbyterians in Ft Worth, but I don't think I know any!

From the little bit of reading I have done on Presbyterians, the church evolved in Scotland in the 18Th century. It is part of the Protestant branch of Christianity, which is a little confusing because I had thought that Protestant was its own religion. I guess I do have a lot to learn!

I am looking forward to talking to the head of this particular church so he can give me more insight into the Presbyterian religion. Who knows, maybe I'm Presbyterian?