Monday, August 31, 2009

Presbyterians Are Awesome!

I made it to the Presbyterian church service Sunday! This church was the biggest and most beautiful I have attended thus far. The inside was just enormous and ornate, there was a huge organ above the doors in the back of the church. The music was loud and very churchy, a bit eerie but very nice at the same time. The massiveness of the church, I have to admit , gave it a kind of cold feeling, but there was all the pomp and circumstance that I am used to given my Catholic background. They did not do communion at this service but from what I understand they do communion at the 8:30 service every Sunday (AND they use REAL WINE AND REAL BREAD!)

Despite the coldness of the actual church the people were VERY FRIENDLY! I told a few of the women that sat next to me about my little project and they seemed interested. As I was leaving I just happen to run into the education director that I had been trying to reach all week. She had not received my message until that morning but when I told her my name she knew exactly who I was. She was so kind as to take a few minutes of her time and answer some of my questions.

Some of the information she gave me is that Presbyterian believe in one baptism at one time. They ordain women into the ministry and ministers are allowed to marry. She also informed me that they believe that each person is called to God before birth. I was subsequently invited to attend their Sunday morning classes, which I may do at some point. I have to say this church experience has been the best I have had thus far! If you were to ask me which church I would definitely return to, this is the one.

I am still struggling with my faith issues though. The enormous amount of stress I have been dealing with doesn't seem to wane. I keep wondering why God cant give me a break! Or if nothing else put me in the right direction. Every day that goes by and I'm still not working and nothing else seems to be happening I lose a little more faith. But then again, should things suddenly change for the better, do I then suddenly believe again? I don't want to be one of these hypocrites that blames God when things are bad and then suddenly when things improve its all "thanks to God". If I do find my faith, I really would like to find it before something wonderful happens, this is providing that something wonderful does happen. Who knows, my life might continue to be a constant shit fest! *sigh*

Ok, dear readers (if I have any!) this week I am doing Christian Science!