Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Week Eight: Scientology!

I had wanted to do Scientology at a later date, when my investigative reporting skills are a little more practiced, however, with my move next week I am not sure if I am going to find a Scientology center in Asheville, NC. There is a huge one in Dallas so hopefully they can give me the information I need.

So, what do I know about Scientology? Well I know it was created by L Ron Hubbard and is based on his book, Dianetics, which I have not read. I know something about the teachings of Xenu and that they believe he came from the Galactic Confederacy. I know that L Ron Hubbard was a science fiction writer and that, to be honest, some of this stuff sounds a little hoaky. BUT, I had said I would go into each religion with an open mind, so I am going to try to cast off some of the negatives I have heard about Scientology and see what I can find out for myself.

And hopefully they won't sue me;-)