Friday, September 18, 2009

Week Six: Still Here and The Bible & Me

Well, I never got around to getting to the Luthern Church in Asheville, nor did I get around to talking to anyone about being Luthern, so I have decided to do them again at a later date. Also, I ate something on the road during the trip home that made me deathly ill, so I have decided to skip a religion this week and start again next.

Currently my head is spinning. I have decided, rather suddenly, to pack up and move almost halfway across the US. I'm not sure if I am doing the right thing or not. I do know that the past few months have taken their toll on me and if I didnt do something I was going to lose everything. Sometimes I guess you have to take chances.

My depression appears to be worse today, the stress of moving, being ill, etc are all weighing in on me. I am going to try to contact someone from the Christian Science reading room and see about getting a healing. I am intrigued and hey, it can't hurt, right?

In the meantime I think I need to take some time to focus on the bible. The truth is I dont have a huge biblical background. I am not one of those people that can quote bible verses or tell you where to find whatever scripture. I had always thought one day I would read it from cover to cover, but that has yet to happen. Anyway, I think today I will get out that giant bible my dad left me and go through it a bit. Maybe I can find some comfort and solace in it.

I am still on a desperate search for God. I kind of thought he was with me in Asheville, when I found a house so easily, a wonderful school for my daughter and actually got a few job leads. Was he telling me that that was where I needed to be? Or was it all coincidence? Still wondering and as my head continues to spin, beginning to have doubts again.