Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week Seven: A Baptism?

I have been thinking lately that maybe I need to look into getting baptized. To my knowledge I have never been baptized and sometimes I wonder if it has something to do with my being "cursed". I have for many years thought that I am somehow "cursed"; I was born with this face, these godawful freckles, into an unloving, neglectful family. I've had horrible luck with men and my life has been a struggle at best.

Most of my friends have enduring marriages, with husbands that take good care of them. They are happy and certainly not sitting at home wondering how much longer they will have a roof over their head. I have had a few short lived relationships and none of them ever benefited me in any way. I had always assumed that Mr Right would come along and it would be like Valley Girl or Ghost, nothing would keep us apart, even social class or death and we would be together forever traveling the world. Well, it never happened. I ended up settling for much, much less. Of course at this point I am 40 and alone. To be honest I don't mind being alone, but I do worry. What if I get sick? What if I'm in an accident? Who would take care of me? I guess this is where Christians would tell me that God would be there for me. We'll see.

I have had an extremely busy week with packing and trying to get caught up on homework. I am also going out of town tomorrow so I have been unable to do a religion this week. I will however, be doing Scientology when I get back! I had wanted to do them a little further down the line, but it doesnt appear that there is a Scientology center in Asheville, but there is one in Dallas. I am excited to be doing Scientology! This has to be one of the more interesting religions out there!

Oh, and I still have not gotten back to the Christian Science reading room to see about a healing. I will also try to fit that in next week as well.

Cheers and keep praying.