Monday, September 7, 2009

Christian Science Update and a Healing?

I have received a few emails from Christian Scientists and I need to clarify an error I made about there service. From what I have been told I misunderstood and they don't do the same service year after year. Actually I am going to re post what Tony from England wrote me:

1. Mary Baker Eddy was a lifelong Bible student and even, occasionally, healed others through prayer before having her own significant healing. Following that healing of her own, she then immersed herself even more deeply in Bible study to understand HOW she had been healed, and this is how she describes that experience in another of her books: “This knowledge came to me in an hour of great need; and I give it to you as death-bed testimony to the daystar that dawned on the night of material sense. This knowledge is practical, for it wrought my immediate recovery from an injury caused by an accident, and pronounced fatal by the physicians. On the third day thereafter, I called for my Bible, and opened it at Matthew ix. As I read, the healing Truth dawned upon my sense; and the result was that I rose, dressed myself, and ever after was in better health than I had before enjoyed. That short experience included a glimpse of the great fact that I have since tried to make plain to others, namely, Life in and of Spirit; this Life being the sole reality of existence.” (“Miscellaneous Writings” 1883-1896, p.24)
2. The readings from the Bible and Science and Health that you heard read on the Sunday are considered a sermon – the Lesson Sermon – and, if they are well read by people enthused by the spiritual insights they have gained from studying them during the week, those readings can make for a really inspiring sermon that really touches the heart to the healing presence of divine Love. Also, the actual content is never repeated, it is only the theme that is repeated


I would like to thank those that emailed me! Its hard to learn everything about a specific religion in just a weeks time.

I have decided to go ahead and look into a healing. I am curious to find out if there is something to these healings. I have to confess that I did have a "faith" healing years ago by a Catholic Priest and it actually brought relief to my OCD. Sadly it was short lived. I am not sure how a Christian Science healing works, but I guess I will find out in the coming days.

I have been asked what it is I am looking for by doing this project. The truth is I don't really know. Its about more than just finding a church I enjoy attending. To be honest, that's not that hard to do. I guess I really want to find "God" himself, something, anything I can believe in. I want Him to come down from the Heavens and make His presence so known to me that there is no more doubt in my mind. I have lost so much faith, I don't believe in much of anything anymore. There are no ghosts, spirits, unicorns, UFOs, no lochness monsters, no big foots. Everything has been explained away. God continues to be, well, elusive it seems. While I had a few small prayers answered the other day, the big ones, the ones I NEED answered, have gone unnoticed. I am still unemployed, still afraid, still worried. Its not just me either, there are a lot of people suffering, going without, struggling to get by. Where is God in this "recession"? Why isn't He making things better? And of course that brings me around to the whole beginning, maybe He isn't doing anything because He isn't there to begin with? *sigh*

Well, the only immediate prayer I need answered right now is that I sleep tonight! Cheers.