Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Moment of Insanity and a Luthern Church

After the nonstop string of stressful events last week, in a moment of utter insanity I packed up myself and the kids (well one of them, Selina stayed behind) and drove to Asheville, NC. Why? Well I have kind of reached my proverbial breaking point in Ft. Worth. Its been more than a year since I have worked steadily, I don't have much of a social network there (more on that later) and I am sick of the 100 degree heat.

Asheville was first brought to my attention a couple of years ago. It was named "Happiest Place in America". I was instantly intrigued! A happy place? Here? In America? Aren't we all too overworked, unemployed, underpaid, uninsured, conservative/liberal to be happy???? I first came here a year and a half ago and LOVED it! I had thought about moving here, but because of fear (which seems to rule my life) I didnt do it then.

After Thursday's breaking point and my brief stint into insanity (because insanity knows no fear) I jumped in the car and headed east! I found a house yesterday!!!!! Unbelievably in a great area and even more unbelievably less than what I am paying in Ft Worth! It looks as though God (or insanity) is finally directing me, lets just hope in the right direction.

I am getting ready to go to the Luthern Church here to at least check it out. The great thing is I can continue my quest for God here in Asheville as they appear to have all the religions and some lesser known ones, just like the DFW area!

Keep the prayers coming! They just might be working!!!!